At ShushLife, trust is the most important element of what we do. We are committed to preserving your privacy and the confidence you place in us as visitors to our store and website.
In particular, we want you to know that ShushLife will never share your contact details with outside companies for marketing purposes.
We’ve tried to keep it as brief and simple as possible. Please give it a read as it tells you when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it, the limited conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy in the future by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from the 20th of February 2021.
- Who we are
- What data we collect
- How we use your data
- How we ensure that the data we hold is secure and your privacy is maintained
- Partners who might hold data on our behalf
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data
- Who and how to contact, should you like your data altered or removed
Who we are:
www.shushlife.com is an online website owned and operated by ShushLife, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 10232471.
Our registered office is 29 Woodside CM16 6LJ. Our registered VAT number is GB246095204.
What personal information we collect about you:
ShushLife may collect the following information about you:
- Your first name, last name, title, and date of birth (this is an optional field on our website)
- Your contact details: Postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers), and e-mail addresses
- Purchases and orders made by you
- Your on-line browsing activities on ShushLife website
- Password(s) (although passwords are not visible to us)
- Financial Data such as payment card details and bank account (details are not stored)
- Your communication and marketing preferences
- Your interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses
- Your location & IP address
- Your correspondence and communications with ShushLife
- Other publicly available personal data, including any that you share with us via a public platform (such as Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Facebook pages)
- Our website is not intended for under 18’s and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children
Data is collected in two ways:
Direct Data Collection
- You may give us personal data, detailed above, by filling in forms, entering information online, or by corresponding with us by post, phone, or email
- By creating an account or purchasing products on our website
- By subscribing to our newsletter, interacting on social media sites, or creating wish lists
- By entering our competitions or by completing surveys
- By signing up and/or attending in-store events
- By booking and/or attending ShushLife soirees
- By contacting us with an inquiry or to report a problem by phone, email, social media, or messaging service
Automated Data Collection
- Google Analytics: We use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns on www.shushlife.com We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way that does not identify anyone. We do not make, nor allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
- Cookies: Tiny files of information that our website uses to improve your visit with us, cookies are stored on your computer so we can recognise that you have previously visited our site and we can personalise your experience at shushlife.com. The information is completely anonymous. Cookies are not viruses or programs and they can’t damage your computer. Please scroll to the bottom to see more about the cookies we utilize and if you would help on knowing how to delete or control the cookies stored, please click here.
Our website and store are for adults and we do not knowingly deal with or collect data from under 18’s.
We will only collect personal data from you when:
- We have your consent to do so.
- We need your personal data to perform a contract with you. For example, to process a payment from you, fulfill your order, or provide customer support connected with an order.
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights.
- We have a legal obligation to collect or disclose personal data from you.
How & where we store your personal information:
- All information you provide to us online is stored on our secure servers. www.shushlife.com utilizes Geotrust Extended Validation SSL advanced 256 bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of sensitive information such as your name, address, and credit card details.
- We hold paper records of orders, which are shredded after 3 months. Any written info, (ie if you leave your phone number for us to call you back) is shredded as soon as we have no use for it.
If you create an account online, you will have a password that enables you to access your member login area. We don’t have access to, nor can we see your password. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
How we use your personal information:
• To process your payment and order
• To improve your shopping experience at www.shushlife.com
• Only with your permission, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you
- Payment & Delivery: To process and send your order, we need to share your information with our payment gateways (Sagepay / Paypal / Streamline), and our delivery partner (Royal Mail).
- Newsletter: We use a third-party provider, Klaviyo, to deliver our newsletter. Whether you sign-up in-store or online, it will require you to confirm/double opt-in that you wish to receive our news. Creating an account or making an order with us does not automatically add you to our mailing list. You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the link at the bottom of our newsletter or by emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, with ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line, and we’ll do it for you. Unsubscribing from our newsletter doesn’t stop order/transactional emails.
You have the right to information about your stored personal data and the right to correct, block, transfer or delete any data we hold. You also have the right to complain to Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can call us on 0333 444 005, or write to us at ShushLife, 29 Woodside CM16 6LJ.
If you would like us to remove you from our mailing list, would like us to delete entirely or alter information in your account, please email us here.
Your credit card / PayPal statement will only show up as “ShushLife.”
Your order will be sent in secure and undistinguishable packages with only a small return address printed on the side of the address label, as required by Royal Mail.
The ShushLife name does not appear anywhere on your package.
You Contacting Us:
If you phone us, your phone call will not be recorded* and your enquiry will be dealt with sensitively, knowledgeably, and with the utmost discretion.
If you would like any help or advice please Contact Us. We may share the advice we give you online so that our other customers may benefit, but we always change names & disguise situations so that you retain anonymity.
* If the phonecall is abusive, we may record it and give it to the police (or shame the caller on social media 😉 )
Us Contacting You:
We always send a transaction invoice and reply to emails within 24 hours for enquires sent Monday to Friday. Enquiries sent over the weekend are responded to the following Monday.
Please add us to your safe-senders list to ensure you receive all communications from us. If you haven’t received an email response from us, please check your junk mail and always feel free to contact us 03333 444 005 / Option 1 if you would like to check anything about your order.
When you order at www.shushlife.com, our automated system sends 2 emails to keep you informed: Order confirmation and also an order despatch/invoice. To ensure we always provide the best service possible, we work closely with the independent reviews database Trustpilot – you will receive a final email once your order is complete to ask you to rate your experience shopping with us.
Beyond this, if we need to contact you and the matter is not urgent (or if you have told us not to call you) our priority will be to use email.
We ask for your phone number only so we can contact you urgently if the need arises, for example, your credit card /address details are incomplete, we are not able to fulfill an urgent order, or if we need to check colour options.
If we do call you, our priority will be to use your mobile number so that we can be sure of speaking only to you
We are always discreet and will ask if you are free to talk. If we leave a message, it will only ever be to call us back.
We never use your telephone number for marketing purposes.
Cookies we utilize:
Cookies are tiny files of information that our website uses to improve your visit with us.
Cookies are stored on your computer so we can recognise that you have previously visited our site and can personalise your experience at shushlife.com. The information is completely anonymous. Cookies are not viruses or programs and they can’t damage your computer.
Shushlife.com utilises the following cookies:
osCsid: ShushLife Session ID
This cookie allows you to add products to the shopping cart and purchase them online.
__utmc .shushlife.com __utmz .shushlife.com
These are Google Analytics cookies. Analytics is software used by many webmasters to help to improve their website by analyzing how people arrive and interact with the site. All information is anonymous & non-identifiable. cookie_test .shushlife.com __atuvc .shushlife.com
These are cookies that allow sharing of our site on social media.